In recent years, getting education in foreign countries has become common. International students seek to a better education at highly ranked universities.
The United Arab Emirates became an important destination for international students due to their high level of university ranking among global universities. The great facilities, international diverse community and available scholarships for international students are also reasons for that. In this article, we will have a look at UAE scholarships available for international students.
How much does it cost to study in Dubai for international students?
In fact, there is no definite cost to study in Dubai as it ranges from a university to another one. It also depends on the costs of your living and housing (accommodation about 2000-6000 AED, transportation about 300 AED and food about 500 AED), but in general:
- Tuition fees for undergraduate programs (Bachelor degree) in Dubai range between about 37500 to 70000 AED per year.
- Tuition fees for postgraduate programs (Master and PhD degrees) in Dubai range between about 55000 to 90000 AED per year.
United Arab Emirates University tuition fees for international students:
Bachelor’s degree: About AED 2,400/credit and fees may vary for each program.
Masters degree: About AED 2,750/credit and fees may vary for each program.
Have any idea about online learning meaning ?
Is there any free university in UAE?
The United Arab Emirates education has many scholarship programs for national and international students, which can be fully or partially funded.
Khalifa University Scholarship:
Khalifa University is one of the best universities in the United Arab Emirates. It ranks 181 worldwide. It is considered as a research university as it has 3 research institutes and 18 research centres. This made it a popular destination for international students. Khalifa University is located in Abu Dhabi. It accepts many scholarships of national and international students, which are:
- Khalifa University Scholarship programs
- Level: Undergraduate scholarships.
- Nationality: It is open for all nationalities.
- Eligibility: Students with outstanding academic performance and personal qualities.
- President’s scholarship: It is a fully or partially funded scholarship offered for students based on their academic excellence. It requires very high scores in the EmSAT test (Maths 1250, Physics 1000, Computer Science 800, Arabic 700, one elective from Chemistry or Biology 800, and English 1400) and high school curriculum. There is no admission for this scholarship as the students’ admissions to the university will be considered in the scholarship eligibility according to the following:
- International students with CGPA>= 3.3 will be given a scholarship of 100% of the tuition fees.
- International students with CGPA 3 – 3.29 will be given a scholarship of 75% of the tuition fees.
- International students with CGPA 2 – 2.99 will be given a scholarship of 50% of the tuition fees.
Have a look on the top 10 advantage of online private lessons.
- Self-Pay Scholarship: It is a partially funded scholarship for students who strive for recognition of their academic vigour after not initially qualifying for a scholarship. It requires an EmSAT score of (Math 1000, Physics 800, Arabic 700, Computer Science 800, one elective from Chemistry or Biology 800, and English 1250 ). There is no admission for this scholarship as the students’ admissions to the university will be considered in the scholarship eligibility according to the following:
*Internationals with the first year CGPA >= 3.8 will be given a scholarship of 20% of tuition fees for Engineering students and 30% of tuition fees for Science students.
= Level: Master, Ph.D and Doctor of medicine.
- Nationalities: It is open for all nationalities.
- KU Medical Scholarship for all Students: It provides a monthly stipend, full university tuition Support to attend educational events locally and internationally, free housing in university accommodations, and textbooks.
- Master Research Teaching Scholarship: It provides full coverage of tuition fees, medical insurance coverage, support to attend international research conferences, Mobilisation and demobilisation flight assistance for international students and monthly stipend of AED 4,000. It does not cover student accommodation costs.
- Combined Master/Doctoral Research Teaching Scholarship: It provides full coverage of tuition fees, medical insurance coverage, support to attend international research conferences, mobilisation and demobilisation flight assistance for international students, free University accommodation for the student only (or accommodation assistance of AED 2,000 per month only if University accommodation is not available for the eligible student) and monthly stipend of 8000 AED during MSc and 12000 AED during PhD.
Discover important insights about online learning evolution curve.
- Doctoral Research Teaching Scholarship: It provides full coverage of tuition fees, medical insurance coverage for students, support to attend international research conferences, mobilisation and demobilisation flight assistance for international students, free University accommodation for the student only (or accommodation assistance of AED 2,000 per month only if University accommodation is not available for the eligible student) and monthly stipend of AED 12,000.
- China Scholarship Council – Khalifa University Joint PhD Scholarship: It is for chinese nationals and it provides monthly stipend of AED 9,200 from Khalifa University and an additional stipend from CSC, annual flight tickets provided by CSC, full coverage of tuition fees and any research-associated fees, free University accommodation (or accommodation assistance of up to AED 2,000 per month if University accommodation is not available), free textbooks, Visa costs and medical insurance.
- Application: It is accepted online.
United Arab Emirates University Scholarship:
- Nationality: It is available for all nationalities.
- Level: Master & PhD.
- It provides full tuition fees, monthly stipend, health insurance and extra bonus of up to AED 3,000 from supervisor’s external research project, or up to AED 2,000 from supervisor’s internal research project.
Middlesex University Dubai Scholarship:
- It is a sporting Excellence international awards scholarship.
- It is provided by Middlesex University Dubai.
- It provides financial support for talented students in undergraduate degree programmes.
- It covers tuition fees.
- It is available for all nationalities.
Here’s a list of the best 8 online lessons services.
Canadian University Dubai Scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- Sports Scholarship.
- Financial Hardship Scholarship.
- Special Needs Scholarship.
- Special Talent Scholarship.
Emirates Aviation University scholarships:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship.
Curtin University Scholarship:
- Level: Undergraduate
- It provides educational funds.
- Nationality: All nationalities.
Get bored with traditional education ? Here’s how to get a flexible and professional online private tutor.
The Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants:
- It is available for all nationalities.
- It is fully funded covering return flights, accommodation for a year, living costs ( monthly stipend) , and research support.
The Institute of Management Technology:
- It is for all degrees and all nationalities.
Mohamed Bin Zayed University International Scholarship In Artificial Intelligence:
How to apply for a scholarship in UAE?
Each scholarship or university has deadlines and requirements for admission. You will have to get to the website of the university to know more about them, but there are general requirements for admission which are:
- Certified Copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate for masters’ degree students and certified copy of Masters’ degree certificate for Ph.D students.
- Official transcript.
- Equivalency certificate from the UAE Ministry of Education for applicants that have graduated from universities outside of the UAE.
- English language proficiency certificate. EmSAT test is required, but there are exceptions for international students who can provide Toefl or IELTS certificates.
- GRE certificate. This is optional, but it increases the opportunity to get the scholarship.
- Current C.V.
- Personal formal photos with a white background.
- Personal passport.
- Valid UAE national ID for international students who reside in the United Arab Emirates.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Research Statement for Ph.D students only.
- The student will be required to have a personal interview.
If you’re seeking increasing your opportunities to get University admission or a scholarship, Read more about what you need between TOEFL and IELTS.
Studying in the United Arab Emirates will give you a great experience at all levels. It offers academic excellence, research experience and great innovation. If you try this, you will not regret your decision.
You can also have a deep dive into education in Saudi Arabia and other countries like: