Over the past years, especially from 2020 until now, the online learning evolution curve showed a high ascendant rate.
The importance and vitality of the online learning evolutionary process show up during the pandemic time, Where it took eyes to see how online learning will be a substitution for physical classes in the upcoming years.
Online learning shows endurance against the pandemic situation, and high flexibility to adapt to new educational circumstances, and fill the continuing education needs.
Best online learning experience | elmadrasah.com
elmadrasah.com was one of the pioneering educational platforms, even before the pandemic while the world witnesses a digital revolution, Online learning evolution today is no longer a myth or a waste of time!
The recent generation is more familiar with technology and digitalisation, on those basics, we had worked hard, since we launched our platform to keep up with online learning evolution and be one of the most successful and active learning channels.
We don’t present MOOCs or solid informative tools, we have the advantage of top active professional private tutors, who give each learner the blessing of active interaction, and 24/7 follow-up.
Hence, we try to merge the benefits of online learning and physical learning, so we designed revolutionary educational packages for your juvenile kids to invest in their summer time in advanced learning and mastering a modern skill.
Online educational training courses are based on the educational curricula in the UAE, empowering students from different educational levels:
To enhance their study skills and aid them in various study subjects such as:
We permit our students to study online in individual courses, not in groups, with the flexibility to set their session dates, vivid communication with the private tutor, and permanent and periodic follow-ups for students.
You can catch up on our discounts now!
Online learning evolution
- Online learning appeared in the nineteenth century, a very humble method of coping with the facilities at this time. It was known as correspondence education, and this type of education helped learners who could not regularly attend the place of learning in educational institutions.
- The educational content was compiled in writing, with tasks, functions, and a learning plan. All this was mailed to the learner to learn by correspondence.
- Distance learning spread in its first form, “Correspondence Education” in 1873 and was an attempt by the churches to spread education among Americans.
- In 1883, the first opportunity to obtain a degree from a university was by distance or correspondence learning in New York.
- In 1892, the first independent department for distance or correspondence education was established at the University of Chicago, and thus it was the first university in the world for distance learning by Mail.
- Some viewed distance or correspondence education as the lowest level of learning, and were sceptical about its quality, and the certificates resulting from it.
- In the 1970s, technologies such as television, radio, and tapes began to be widely used in distance education, giving a strong impetus to this type of education.
- In the last two decades, a group of universities was established in Europe alone, and more than twenty around the world have their education system based on distance learning.
- In 1999, “tele courses” or TV educators achieved great success in the field of distance education. They helped students a lot with the videos of the lessons recorded as additional help for students.
- And now in this decade, a huge technological revolution invades the world, and the Internet played a fundamental role in the development of distance education to the recent evolution of online learning.
Statistics of online learning evolution
- The e-learning market is expected to reach $457.8 billion by 2026.
- Comprehensive training programs result in a 218% increase in revenue per employee.
Source: e-learning industry
- China is expected to become the largest e-learning market by 2026, with a value of 105.7 billion US dollars.
- 65% of millennials have chosen their current jobs because of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Source: e-learning infographics
- Studies reveal that the average salary for professional e-learning developers is $79,526.
- 68% of employees say training and development is the most important company policy.
Source: Claire Corporation
- Even the COVID-19 pandemic is boosting and giving advantages to online e-learning statistics and trends for 2022. Even after its peak, e-learning has become a trend and has continued to become a norm, not just a fad.
- The number of learners on Massive Online Courses (MOOCs) exceeded 180 million in 2020.
Source: Class Central
- 72% of organisations believe that e-learning gives them a competitive advantage.
Source: e-learning industry
- 43 percent of students use online learning platforms to help with homework.
- 2 out of 5 Fortune 500 companies benefit from e-learning.
- The United States and Europe make up 70% of the global e-learning industry.
- E-learning increases retention rates by 25-60%.
- In 2020, e-learning has been adopted by 90% of companies worldwide.
Source: Research and Markets
- The “E-Learning for Enterprises – Global Market Outlook (2017-2026)” report from Research and Markets shows that e-learning has been used as a training tool by the majority of companies worldwide. The massive shift is attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 70% of students agree that online classes are better than traditional classes.
Source: University of the Potomac
- In a typical week, 56 percent of American college students use laptops in the classroom.
- 75% of teachers believe that digital learning content will replace printed content.
- Education technology investments reached $18.7 billion in 2019.
Source: Business Insider
- 9 out of 10 teachers reported troubleshooting issues when working with online learning technology.
- 4.4 million families with children do not have access to online learning.
Source: US Census Bureau
- Students who spend more than 60 minutes/week on e-learning activities do better.
- 12% and 32% of American teachers describe smartphones as useful for homework.
Source: U.S. Department of Education
Read more:what is the Best Learning online courses platform?!
Online learning trends
According to eduflow platform here is a list of the top 10 online trends for 2022:
Learners As Humans.
Extended Reality (XR).
Additional Resource Sections for Online Courses.
Informal Learning Networks.
The radical educational transformation that led to the emergence of e-learning is the need of this time, considering the inaccessibility of pre-existing educational resources in various regions. However, as e-learning methods are quick to deploy, effective and affordable, their rapid worldwide adoption always seems to be the norm.