Between Toefl and IELTS, which one should you choose? The same annual overthinking, among high school graduates and undergraduate students who plan to study abroad! And here we go to the annual question, which one should you go for TOEFL vs IELTS?
The simple answer is! Go for the one that is most relevant to your university requirements! And the one more matched with your English skills.
Before deciding which test to choose and start to prepare for it, we will give you a glimpse about it.
What are TOEFL and IELTS?
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), and IELTS (International English Language Testing System), have been popular and effective exams for assessing (non-native) speakers’ English levels, through a highly precise testing process based on measuring different language skills (speaking, listening, and writing).
TOEFL iBT is the world’s most accepted English-language test for studying, getting jobs and immigration seeking. It is favoured by more universities and institutions, so you can be sure you’ll stand out to admissions officers where it counts.
The basic differences between TOEFL and IELTS are:
- Toefl is most accepted in Europe, while IELTS in Canada, the USA, UK
- Duration of the test: TOEFL is longer than IELTS
- The score range
- The total fee (IELTS is more expensive)
- TOEFL consists mainly of multiple choice, unlike IELTS, which has more variation in how questions are formed and answers need to be given (fill in the blanks, give the short answers, essay)
- The IELTS speaking part is done face to face with an examination.
- IELTS is available in two forms, General Training and Academic.
You may think the whole process is being more complicated, but we are here to help you understand more. As we believe in, knowledge is power. elmadrasah.com presents informative blogs about world standardised language tests. Not only that, we offer professional study camps and language courses, with native speakers and Arab tutors! You will find outstanding diversity within a at a highly affordable price compared to the options you will get:
- Online one-on-one courses, not group courses, to give you full attention.
- Flexibility in setting your schedule (whether morning or night classes).
- Arab tutors and Native tutors to help you with a studying plan to pass the TOEFL or ielts.
Reach out for information on:
WhatsApp: +971 50 995 9271
TOEFL and IELTS conversion
However, there are no significant conversion metrics from IELTS to the TOEFL scoring system.
Based on the approximate range, tutors made a conversion plan from TOEFL total score to IELTS total score:
Toefl iBT and ielts academic equivalent scores:
Each part of the IELTS (speaking,listening,reading,writing) is graded on a scale of 0-9, while the TOEFL is 0-30. Since there is such a vast difference between each in evaluation, conversion tables for each section are important.
You can also use this calculator to convert your score precisely.
Toefl scores to CEFR levels:
|CEFR level||reading||listening||speaking||writing||Total score|
Which is more difficult, IELTS or toefl?
When it comes to this comparison, you have to put on your mind some important questions, like
- Which test(s) will the institutions you’re interested in accept the most?
- Which test is less time constraint?
- Which test is more computer based and affordable for you?
- If you don’t find time as a hindrance, then go for TOEFL which is lengthier but fully computer-based.
- If you’re not sure about your handwriting skills or English fluency while speaking with a native speaker, the good choice for you will be IELTS as it is a shorter, more delicate exam with a larger number of questions and assignments, as well as direct contact with an examiner.
Learn more to choose between IELTS and TOEFL.
Both of the two exams are verified and accepted by many universities around the world, but the main question we have here is which is more suitable! For you, at ELmadrasah.com, we believe in that, don’t judge the book by its cover! We take into consideration every small detail in both exams, what are the differences between them, and how to consult you about the perfect choice!
The difficulty of any exam differs from one to another, and it always depends on the pre-exam training and preparation, with a deep understanding of each section’s answering criteria.
On that basis we designed our programmes and the ideal study plan for each student separately. We shall take you on an active learning journey, no boring moments! We know our students’ nature well and be careful to give them a fruitful learning journey!
Our outstanding services include:
1- private online Zoom classes (one on one)
2- Set up your schedule and the commitment is ours.
3- Private tutors and Native tutors to help you out with a study plan. If you were a beginner or an advanced student you could choose which tutor would be easy to communicate with!
4- active speaking club training with your tutors and native speakers.
By the end of this article, we will try to shed some light on some basic information, you might need to know about the test system and scoring, which test you should go for, hoping it was helpful.
Leave A Comment