TOEFL! When you hear this word you might wonder about what it means? Or what is the importance of it?
a lot of high schools graduate students, starting to compromise between universities and their college requirements. One of the basic requirements for reputable universities’ enrollment is passing the Toefl exam, as proof of student skills in English and help in determining which language courses they need.
So what does TOEFL mean?
It’s a standardized test made up to assess the level of non-English native speakers.
TOEFL is an abbreviation of the Test of English as a Foreign Language. The test is approved by more than 11,000 universities and other institutions in over 190 countries and localities.
TOEFL is one of the varied essential English-language tests in the world, including IELTS, Cambridge Assessment English, and Trinity College London exams.
IS TOEFL hard?
the language Toefl test is not rocket science, even if you are a nonnative speaker or a beginner in the language, the key to success is choosing where to learn and who teaches you.
During this Toefl course you’ll be provided with all you need to master your English in one place,:
- We make you qualified to take the TOEFL ITP or TOEFL paper-based exam.
- We help you to learn the strategies for passing the TOEFL exam online in the different sections:
- (Reading – Writing – Speaking – Listening)
- Mastering academic English is essential to pass the TOEFL exam online.
you don’t have to be worried after now, all you have is to be ambitious and we shall help you,
Elmadrasah.com is the first online school specializing in preparing students for college admission exams: (TOEFL – IELTS – EMSAT)
Are you wondering about: the cost of toelf exam in UAE?
TOEFL exam sections
The common test of Toefl, recognized by students, is Toefl iBT, an online computer test with four sections lasting for 4 hours, every section’s time is measured. You’ll often have 20 minutes for Speaking and 50 minutes for Writing.
The Reading and Listening compartments differ in length due to unscored, experimental questions. Reading ranges from 60 to 80 minutes, while Listening ranges from 60 to 90 minutes.
There is a 10-minute break time in the middle of the test and it’s obligatory to take it.
- Reading section: it takes from 60 to 80 minutes, consisting of 36 to 56 questions, you will read Read 3 to 4 passages and then answer questions.
- Listening section: it takes from 60 to 90 minutes, consisting of 34 to 51 questions. You will Listen to 4-6 lectures and 2-3 conversations and then answer questions.
- Speaking section: it takes nearly 20 minutes, and six tasks, Answer incites about familiar topics, campus situations, and academic course content.
- Writing section: it takes about 50 minutes, two tasks, Compare a passage and a lecture; then write about your impression.
Each section is marked out of 30 points and then combined for a total toefl mark out of 120.
You’ll receive your scores in your official score announcement online about 10 days after your test date.
What is a good score at Toefl?
The maximum Toefl score is 120, which means that you are proficient and more like native speakers, although it’s rare to get the maximum score even if you are a native speaker.
Each section of the Toefl score ranges from zero to thirty.
You are going to be concerned with the good score in toefl you want to achieve, to be enrolled in your chosen university.
You could take a breath as a lot of universities acquire a moderate score of toefl in each section:
- Reading: 20
- Listening: 15
- Speaking: 22
- Writing: 20
The higher the score, the more complicated the major you want to join, some universities ask for top scores in TOEFL or IELTS, so you should check the university website to set your goal score.
- To achieve your goal score from the first attempt
- offering you specialized mentoring
- with certified professional tutors,
- experimental training on exam questions
- Online zoom classes with a flexible schedule
- Revision classes before the exam
Discover how to understand: Toefl test score.
Preparing for the toefl test isn’t a mountain climbing mission, with the good mentoring and practice you will get a satisfactory score, and here are the most effective tips for Toefl preparation,
- Before taking the final decision about Toefl you could check the test formation on the Toefl official website, which will give you a clear vision of the whole process.
- Realize why You are taking the TOEFL test. To be well prepared, it’s important to know your reasons for taking the test.
- you might be implying the test: to discover your level of English with an official exam, or to apply to a university, For a course or job, or even For your immigration regulations.
- Set a goal score, taking this step will make your mind clear about the effort you should exert in the preparation and how to do it, and will keep you motivated to achieve it.
- Found a suitable study area. When selecting your study areas, select a space without distractions.
- Let your family and friends know that you are studying so they won’t distract you.
- Use phone applications using pomedro techniques to keep your concentration and manage time.
- Clear your mind by doing some mindfulness meditation or relaxation exercises for a positive mindset. Applying deep breathing techniques can also be very beneficial for reducing anxiety.
Get ready with: Online private teacher.
Online registration for TOEFL is the most practical. Registration using your ETS account is the shortest, easiest way to register. With the online registration process, you’ll take benefit of:
- manageable entry to official test prep and exclusive savings when you bundle crucial resources
- a test center search powered by Google Maps
- the proficiency to register 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Understand the main differences: Between Toefl and Ielts.
Registration in a brief steps
- Create Your Account on the EST sign up page
- input all your personal information precisely as it shows on your national ID, then create your username and password, and submit.
- Assign a Testing Method — choose from the TOEFL iBT test, the TOEFL iBT Home Edition or the TOEFL iBT Paper Edition, preferably an online edition.
- Select a Location, Date, and Time then Select a test date to see vacant test locations, then assign the time that works for you.
- Finish Your Registration, finish the remaining steps, assign your score recipients, purchase test prep and pay for your test.
- When you’re ready to register, remember the following:
- You must enter at least 1 form of identification before you can enroll for a test date. The name you use when you register must precisely match the ID you’ll use on test day.
- You can pay for your test using a credit/debit card, or one of the other approved forms of payment.
- You can register online up to just 2 days before a test date. An overdue fee (US$40) applies from 7 days before the test.
- If you’re requesting accommodations due to a disability or health-related need, you can’t register through your ETS account
At the end of this article, we will try to give you a sneak peek about toefl most crucial information, and instructions before making your final decision to take the test, you could also find more data about different university enrollment tests at our blog.
Leave A Comment