I have heard that IELTS is accepted as proof of English language proficiency for study, work, and immigration in 140 countries, so are there Types of it, and What is the difference between them? We will know in these coming lines the answer to all these questions.
IELTS is the most popular English language test in the world, more than 3 million tests are performed each year.
IELTS is recognized by over 10,000 organizations worldwide, including universities, employers, professional bodies, immigration authorities, and other government agencies.
It is the only English language test that is endorsed by the UK, US, Canadian and Australian governments.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and Cambridge English Language Assessment, so you can be confident that IELTS meets the highest international standards of language assessment.
IELTS types and differences
There are two versions of the IELTS test, IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training, that are designed to meet different training needs.
1- IELTS academic
The academic version is for people applying for higher or professional education in an English-speaking environment.
IELTS Academic is usually taken by students applying for tertiary education or professional registration in an English-speaking environment.
It assesses whether you can communicate effectively in English across a range of subjects and features typical university-style questions.
2- IELTS general
IELTS General Training is for those who go to English-speaking countries for secondary education, work experience, or training programs.
It assesses your English language skills in a practical, everyday context.
It is also accepted by professional bodies, immigration authorities, and other government agencies.
Test takers will be assessed based on their ability to communicate in English in both written and spoken forms and the test focuses on basic survival skills in broad social and workplace contexts.
The test consists of four sections:
The three parts of the test, listening, reading, and writing, are different in the types of IELTS tests, while the speaking test is the same for both Academic and General Training tests.
Explore How ielts reading test is conducted ?
What is the IELTS essential?
IELTS Essential is an online self-study course designed to help you achieve success in the IELTS test.
The course covers all four skills – reading, writing, listening, and speaking and provides you with a wealth of exam-taking techniques and strategies. The course is divided into four main sections:
1. Introduction to IELTS: this section covers everything you need to know about the IELTS test, including the different question types, marking standards, and how to approach each section of the test.
2. Reading IELTS, this section provides a step-by-step guide for dealing with IELTS reading questions, along with a set of practice questions and answers.
3. IELTS Writing: This section covers both general academic and practices writing tasks.
4. You will learn how to structure your essay, and use appropriate linking words.
You will also get expert advice on preparing for the test, what to expect on the day, and how to use your results to improve your English language skills.
Follow those techniques to improve your IELTS skills.
4 IELTS syllabus
The IELTS syllabus is divided into four sheets: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
There is no Pass/Fail mark, but candidates are graded on a 9-band scale from non-user (band score 1) to expert (band score 9).
All papers are mandatory, candidates must complete all four papers in one sitting.
The total time of the test is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
The test is divided into four parts: Listening (30 minutes), Reading (60 minutes), Writing (60 minutes), and Speaking (11–14 minutes):
- The listening paper contains four sections with a total of 40 questions, candidates must listen to four recordings of native English speakers and answer questions.
- The speaking sheet consists of three sections, in the first section, candidates introduce themselves and answer general questions about themselves and other topics, but in the second section, candidates talk about a topic for 1-2 minutes, in the third section, candidates have a 4-5 minute discussion with the examinee on a topic.
- The reading sheet contains three sections with 40 questions, candidates must read three paragraphs and answer the questions.
- The writing sheet has two tasks, candidates are asked to describe the data or describe the process.
IELTS practice flaws [Don’t do them].
IELTS courses are designed to help you improve your English language skills to pass the IELTS test successfully, the courses cover all four language skills: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
IELTS courses are available at many different levels, so you can choose a course suitable for your current level of English.
Courses are usually offered in two formats: face-to-face classes and online classes.
Face-to-face classes allow you to interact directly with a qualified teacher, while online courses can be more flexible and allow you to study at your own pace.
IELTS courses usually last for 10 weeks, but there are also shorter courses available.
The length of the course will depend on your level of English and your goals for taking the IELTS test.
El Madrasa.com offers online courses on the IELTS test for academic and general types, which cover all the basics of four IELTS tests, with this platform you get many advantages:
- Arab and foreign specialized trainers to ensure a high professional level of knowledge.
- Flexibility in scheduling appointments.
- The lessons are provided directly between the teacher and the student, which gives you the advantage of an individual lesson and an online lesson together.
- An integrated training hour, adapted to your circumstances, wherever you are.
- Determine your course level to ensure that you get the required course level and identify weaknesses and work on them with the teacher.
You can follow this 3 Months Plan for [IELTS learning].
How to IDP IELTS registration?
The IDP IELTS registration process is simple.
All you need to do is create an account on the IDP IELTS website and then log in to register for your test.
You will need to provide some personal information, such as your name, contact details, and passport number.
Once you have registered, you will be given a confirmation email with all the details you need to know about your test, including the date, time, and location.
A comparison between TOEFL and IELTS.
IELTS is accepted as proof of English language proficiency by more than 10,000 organizations around the world, including universities, employers, professional bodies, immigration authorities, and other government agencies.
The IELTS consists of four sections: listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
Each section is worth 25% of your total score. You will be given a score between 1 and 9 for each section, with 9 being the highest possible score.
To get a good IELTS score, you will need to have strong English language skills.
This includes being able to understand complex academic texts, express yourself clearly and concisely in writing, and speak fluently and confidently.
If you are planning on taking the IELTS, there are a few things you can do to prepare.
First, make sure you are familiar with the format of the test and what to expect on test day. Second, practice a lot, Or you can resort to Elmadrasa.com, and it will do everything necessary to train and prepare you for the IELTS test to pass with a high score.
online private tutor To achieve your goals.