How to check IELTS test results online in different ways?
First of all, we should know how long to get the IELTS results.
- If you have given your IELTS test on the computer which is the CBT (computer-delivered test), your results will come after five or seven days of your test. When your results become available, your test center will notify you, and you will receive a link to view your IELTS scores.
- If you have given the PBT (paper-delivered test), your results will come after 13 days from the day you gave your last test. On the 13th day after your test date, they will announce the result on their official website. Therefore, If you need a fast result for the IELTS test, you can opt for IELTS CBT. To know more information about IELTS exam, visit this aricle The most 7 questions about IELTS
Could IELTS Results be delayed? What should we do?
IELTS students or candidates do get confused or worried if their IELTS results are delayed or withheld. We will talk about a couple of reasons for that.
As we all know that it usually takes 13 days for a result to be delivered for a paper-based test, whereas for a computer-based test, it usually takes from 3 to 7days. However, in both cases, the IELTS results could be delayed so why is that?
Your result may not be issued You may wait 13 days after your test and your result will not be issued in the case the IELTS test partner decides that it is necessary to review any matter associated with your test to assist any investigation you may be required to provide a writing and speaking samples. However, it happens in exceptional circumstances and you can also be required to retake the IELTS test components but it happens quite rarely.
So, we can say that there are two mainreasons for that.
- One that they want to check your test again.
- Secondly, they are doing quality control checks on how the test is managed that you have appeared in then.
- Other reasons for your test cancellation could be that your test result may be canceled after it has been issued.
Get yourself prepared with online private tutor.
You may be required to retake one or more IELTS components if any irregularity is identified; your results might be canceled and you might need to take your test again or part of your test again if there are any problems with your test. Irregularity means that something in your test management was not usual or not acceptable. This also means that if any information or data provided from you or your agent to Recognizing Organization has been altered in any way, your original test result will be canceled. So be careful and provide the right information and only use reputable agents while booking your IELTS test.
- Now, what can you do once your IELTS test result has been delayed? There is no fixed time limit for IELTS test results so just wait and be patient If your results have been delayed. Not all students receive their results within just one week or a couple of weeks, for some, it might be longer than a month or even three months. But usually, three months happen in a rare case where there is some kind of an issue with your test, test result, or the information you have provided at the time of registration.
- However, can you take your test again?
- Sure, you can take your test again in the meantime if you have not received your test result and once you have received the result of both the test, you can choose which one is the highest
- and you can use that result as long as it has been accepted. It is recommended that if your results have been delayed, you just need to wait and be patient and it will email you if your results are withheld or canceled. If you do not get this email, check your spam folder or contact the test center.
So now how to check our IELTS test results online?
Generally, for both CBT and PBT, you can check your results on the Test Taker Portal.
- Log in to the Test Taker Portal to preview your results.
- For 28 days, you will find IELTS results online but unfortunately could not be used as an official confirmation of your performance. Usually, when you apply for institutions of intent to travel abroad, you need original copies of your Test Report Form (TRF). They will not accept photocopies.
- IELTS results will not be disclosed through email or over the phone, so you can collect a paper copy of your IELTS test score (TRF) from your local British Council center 13 workdays after your paper-based test or 3-5 workdays after your computer-delivered test.
- Whether you have taken a paper-based or a computer-delivered test the center where you took the test can directly send Test Report Form (TRF) to the institutions to which you are applying.
- But you should make sure to give the full postal address of the institution you are applying to when you book your test.
Learn about What the differences are: IELTS or TOFEL!
Checking IELTS test results online in detail
There are two ways to check our IELTS results:
- the first way is that you need to open your email whichever you registered to the British Council when applying for the IELTS test. After the 13th of your test, you are going to get an email from the British Council. ([email protected]) will send you a notification of the IELTS results. If you want to view your results, you can just press on (View Your Results) button. That is the first way for checking your IELTS results. It is going to open the portal again where you usually sign in with your email and password with which you applied for the IELTS test. Once you log into your IELTS account, it is going to show all the tests that you have completed or that are upcoming. You can see your results in the completed section. Press on the date of the test and then on the results section, it is going to show the result for this particular test. They also are going to give you a remark. Then they tell you if you want to send your result to some other organizations, you can add the organization there. That is the first way to check your IELTS results.
- The second way is to go to the IELTS IDP official website (https://ielts.idp.com/results/check-y…)All you need to do is to enter your given name and your family name. These two things you have given when you were applying for the IELTS test when you filled up the IELTS registration form. You need to enter your date of birth and your passport number or ID number whichever you chose when applying for the IELTS test. Then you just simply press on (Get results) button and follow the same steps we followed in checking IELTS results on the British Council website.
- Finally, that is all you need to know about checking IELTS results process the two ways in which you can check your IELTS results online. Also, the IELTS exam centers send you a hard copy of your test to your home address whichever you have written on your IELTS registration form. You can visit our website, you find a lot of courses that qualify you to take the IELTS exam and help you in all steps from registration to checking results process.
Make a decision: TOEFL and IELTS! Which one should you go for?