Considering ielts as one of the most credible tests in the university admission process for international students, the ielts reading is one of the reading part is very complicated, long in duration, and will drain you mentally. Which is not true. Passing ielts reading is not as hard as it might seem. elmadrasah.com in this article will present you ielts conduction guide from scratch.
ielts reading test
You should be aware that there are two different IELTS test formats: Academic and General IELTS Reading Training. You must ensure that you are ready for the appropriate test type since everyone taking the exam will take the same Speaking and Listening tests but separate Reading and Writing sections.
- There are no gaps between the Listening, Reading, and Writing components of any IELTS exam they are all taken on the same day.
- you can take the Speaking test up to a week before or after the other exams. It takes 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete the test.
Structure of the test: ielts reading (60 minute s)
The 40 questions in the reading part are intended to evaluate a variety of reading abilities. These include (understanding logical argument, reading for gist, reading for major ideas, reading for detail, reading for comprehension, and recognising the perspectives, attitudes, and purposes of writers). Three lengthy reading texts, ranging from discursive and analytical to factual and descriptive, are part of the IELTS Academic test. These come from publications including books, journals, periodicals, and newspapers. They have been chosen for a non-specialist audience yet are suitable for students starting university courses or looking to register for a profession.
ielts reading practice
Everything becomes easy and worthy with continuous practice and discipline. Since elmadrasah.com designed a very insightful ielts reading practice course, and a full preparation course from A to Z, you will embrace the whole benefits and experience you are going to gain through our course. Since we seek to empower our students with exam skills through ielts reading training, providing a very systematic, and broad spectrum ielts reading material enables students to be easily indulged in the exam mode, and break the ice of first time ielts reading
ielts reading preparation
There are two different methods to start the ielts reading preparation process. You can ask for help by hiring a private tutor, which will be a good choice and time savvy! And will avoid you the risk of failing, so we recommend for you our IELTS Preparation Course with IELTS Test Booking. Or you can choose the radical ways and self study, which will need from you to understand clearly the coming points: You may have already seen some of the queries in the ielts reading section. Here are the main types of questions you can get on a reading test:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Matching tasks
- Spaces tasks
- Camel job tasks
- Classification tasks
- Short Answer Questions
- Chart, schedule or formal planning tasks
what can you do to answer questions correctly?
There are useful tips for getting high scores in the IELTS reading section:
- Use time to your advantage: At first you will receive an answer sheet and a booklet, don’t waste your time by answering first in the booklet then move your answers to the sheet, put the booklet in front of you then answer directly on the sheet to save your time.
- Leave difficult questions to the end: If you spend a lot of time answering questions you find difficult,? You will not be able to answer all the easy questions and you will lose points! What about the right questions? This way, focus on all the questions you do know. Then you can return to the difficult one at the end.
- Do not start reading the text before looking at the tasks: When you start reading, do so with a few questions in mind. Otherwise, you’ll read the text, then the questions, and then the text again. So recognize the task and how to do it, then read the questions.
- Practice doing lots of reading tests;This is the best way to use your time before the exam! You will learn how to take the test before the real test. You will know where your strengths and weaknesses are. Answer questions Answer questions. This way you will know a way to divide your time, push the action against time.
- Read the assignment
When you begin to read, read very thoughtfully and very well. Most of the tasks look similar, however, there are some details that you should pay special attention to. What to watch out for in three of the most common tasks:
- True/False: If you specify “true”, with a valid stay. There are some tough questions that have to be true. Some may be right and some may be wrong. In these cases, the answer will be “wrong”.
- Matching tasks: Don’t cross out options you’ve already used. This method may work the way it does the way it does. Instead, review all options for each question. This way you will have the opportunity to correct your mistakes, see if it is a better fit option for another question.
- Blank assignments: Make sure you don’t exceed the maximum number of words for each space.
- Get better at scanning it is a reading method that allows you to find information faster. Scanning, you no longer read everything with a word. Simply move your eyes across the text smoothly in a wave motion. Read the details and don’t waste time on non-detailed information. This is a great way to understand the main ideas of the text and to find information that you want to read in more detail.
- When you really want to understand a text, you’ll want to understand what each paragraph says. Each paragraph has a main idea and that idea is expressed in the opening sentence. You don’t have time to read the details and that’s okay because most of them are required to answer the questions correctly. Messages contained in the subject sentence.
where do you find the opening sentence?
- This is usually the first sentence of the paragraph, but it also appears at the end. The sentence that expresses the sentence and welcome. It’s easy to get acquainted with their names that say what’s going to happen next.
- The scanning can also help you find keywords and numbers quickly. This word search is discussed in more detail. Also look for key words and numbers in charts, graphs, and annotations.
- Be cool with vocabulary.Do not panic If you come across unknown words. Even native speakers don’t understand every word in every text they read and that’s fine because all those words don’t matter most of the time. Remember, this is not a vocabulary test!
- You are not allowed to use dictionaries in the exam but that shouldn’t be a problem at all. You will waste a lot of time in the test by searching for every word you do not know. So, you should forget to use it while practising reading at home as well. When you practice reading anything or take an IELTS practice test, don’t use a dictionary. Have yourself complete each reading exercise first. Then, once the activity is done, you can go back to the text and search for something afterwards.
- You must train yourself to read faster and understand the general ideas in texts. You can understand the meaning of the sentence or paragraph even if you don’t know every word!
- If you want to improve your vocabulary, you can work on that separately after completing the IELTS reading practice test you are working on. There are texts with some really important words that are specific knowledge of a particular field which are given in a glossary at the end of the text. When you see a glossary, you should read it to improve your understanding of such texts.
- You may also come across questions that use paraphrased ideas or are synonyms for words that appear in the texts. For example, you might have a paragraph about the disadvantages of exposing children to too much television. The question may not use the word “flaws” as the text does, but may use a synonym such as “downsides” or “drawbacks” instead. So you are definitely better off if your vocabulary is rich, but you still have to be gentle about finding unknown words.
- Learn as much vocabulary as possible, but don’t stress if you don’t know every word in the text.
ielts reading practice test online free
You can find a lot of mimic ielts reading practice tests in elmadrasah.com, just visit the website and search for ielts, or email us for more exam consultation and advice. ielts reading practice will do wonders for your reading skills whether you are still studying or already working. The reading test also is a great way to improve in a skill that you will use throughout your life. Most likely you will discover that you understand everything you read better!
Leave A Comment