The IELTS test is one of the most certified and accredited tests for measuring English language proficiency. The IELTS test is also a uniform measurement for all English language skills, and it is required for applications for immigration, scholarships, and many other purposes. In this article, we will give you your IELTS guide for the common errors in the IELTS tests, and the preparation for IELTS to get the best results.
What is the IELTS test? And what is the organisation for the IELTS test?
The IELTS test is a uniform international test that measures the four skills of the English language which are listening, reading, speaking, and writing. The IELTS tests are held by the British Council, and the IDP organization, and the test takes place at those organisations, and their branches. The test is held and corrected by the IELTS organisation, and Cambridge University.
What are the common errors in the IELTS test that occur during preparation for IELTS?
Every student can make errors and mistakes that may decrease his IELTS score, due to his low experience. Your IELTS guide will give the common errors in the IELTS test during the preparation for IELTS especially. Those errors can be as follows;
- Beginning the preparation for IELTS without taking the placement test. Placement tests can guide you to the accurate level that you can begin preparation from, and the best ways to improve your skills.
- Training on test samples without correcting them. Without correcting the test samples you will not know your mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Insufficient training in writing and speaking skills as they need everyday training.
- Insufficient training on test samples leads to insufficient habituation of the test answering strategies.
- Incorrect identification of the required time for preparation for IELTS. IELTS test training centers may help you identify the time required for preparation.
- Not paying attention to the vocabulary, can lower your score on the writing and speaking tests.
- Insufficient training on the strategy of the prediction of unknown words from the text. Without training on this skill, you will lose a lot of marks in the reading and listening sections
- Not paying good attention to the grammar. Talking or writing with wrong grammar can decrease your writing and speaking scores.
Your IELTS guide for the benefits and uses of the IELTS test certificate
- As we mentioned before, the IELTS test is one of the most certified tests for English language proficiency. Your IELTS guide will give you the most common uses of the IELTS certificate either national or international.
- An IELTS certificate with a certain score is required for the application of most of the scholarships, either in local or international universities.
- The IELTS certificate is required for enrollment in the different programs of the university’s bachelor’s and postgraduate studies, either inside or outside the United Arab Emirates.
- The IELTS certificate is required for immigration to different countries, like the United States of America, and Canada.
- Getting the IELTS certificate can give you an opportunity to get a better job in an international company, or to get promoted in your current position.
Your IELTS guide steps of preparation for IELTS
- Begin your IELTS preparation with the placement test, this will help you identify your current level, and get your accurate start point.
- Identify whether you need to take the academic or the general IELTS test.
- Give special attention to the English grammar rules, and take care to talk and write to the correct grammar rules.
- Pay special attention to the training in the writing section. The writing section in the IELTS test is usually tricky and needs special care.
- Answer a lot of test samples every day. This will help you be familiar with test-answering strategies, and time management strategies.
- Collect the vocabulary you learn in a special notebook, and revise them the day before the test day.
- Try to get an evaluation for all your English language skills, especially writing and reading. IELTS training courses and IELTS coaching services can help you get the accurate evaluation you need.
- Train well in predicting the meaning of unknown words from the context.
- You should carefully estimate the time you need for preparation for IELTS, the IELTS training courses, and the IELTS coaching service can help you at this point.
Your IELTS guide for common errors in the IELTS test on the test day
You may be worried about your score after finishing the preparation for IELTS, this is a normal phenomenon so do not worry. Your IELTS guide will give the common errors in the IELTS test, for the errors that you may make on the test days to avoid them.
- Insufficient sleeping on the day before the test day.
- Arriving late on the test day, you have to arrive early on the test day to know the instructions of the organizers.
- Do not try the headphones before the beginning of the listening section.
- Bad time management in the different sections. As in the reading, and writing section time management is the responsibility of the student, so you have to manage time well on the IELTS test.
Your IELTS guide for preparation for IELTS on the test day
- Sleep early on the day before the test day, to help you focus on the test.
- Take a short training period on speaking English on the day before the test day, this will help you remember the English grammar rules and vocabulary.
- Make a fast revision of the English vocabulary that you have collected in your notebook, and the English grammar rules, to help you follow them easily on the test day.
- You have to bring your identity papers with you on the test day.
- Make sure that the test organisers have taken your photo and your fingerprinting.
- You should arrive early at the test center on the test day, and follow the instructions of the organisers.
- Try to manage your time well. The test organisers will give you free access to manage your time at the reading section especially.
- You have to know the date of the speaking test well, and you have to arrive on time.
- You have to leave all your belongings outside the test hall and bring only the allowed tools.
- You should follow the instructions of the organisers, to avoid any problems that may occur on the test day, and raise your hand if you have any questions or any problems.
- Attend all the test parts to avoid withholding your results.
Preparation for IELTS needs your continued hard work, and good time management to avoid the common errors in the IELTS test, get the best results and get your required score on the test.
Elmadarasah.com academy can offer you the best IELTS courses, and coaching services with our experienced tutors. Elmadrasah.com Academy has a partnership with the British Council which can enable it to apply to our students in the IELTS test immediately after finishing the course.