IBT TOEFL VS ITP TOEFL
IBT TOEFL VS ITP TOEFL, different abbreviations, and for a test taker that might be a little distracted, or even more confusing. We feel you and know how much you want to know every single detail about TOEFL and decide which one you should go for it. So elmadrasah.com will clarify to you what is the major difference between the TOEFL IBT test and Toefl ITP, and what it takes to pass one of them.
So let’s start with the definition of each one of them;
TOEFL IBT test
It is an abbreviation of the Internet Based Test, and it is also called the international TOEFL test. The test is through the computer and not on paper. The test lasts for four hours and consists of five sections: (speaking & writing, listening, reading, and structure)
The TOEFL IBT test is a modern test that was released in 2005 and is affiliated with ETS, the American Testing Services Center. It assesses four fundamental English language skills as we mentioned above. It serves as proof of English language proficiency for those seeking to study, immigrate, or work in other countries abroad. It is important and required for various applicants for study, master’s, doctorate, scholarships, work, and immigration abroad for various types of visas, with a total score of 120, and most of the currently required scores of 120/90.
The Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT) assesses your ability to read, write, hear, and speak English in university. And it is considered the most widely accepted English-language examination.
Check the differences between TOEFL and IELTS.
TOEFL ITP test
TOEFL ITP test is on paper, and it consists of three sections: (listening, reading, and structure). The TOEFL ITP does not contain two parts, which are (speaking & writing) compared to TOEFL IBT, and it is approved in some universities and institutes around the world.
TOEFL Institutional Testing Program (ITP) Assessment Series
is a paper-based test affiliated to ETS, the American Testing Services Centre, and is important and required for various applicants for study, master’s, doctorate, scholarships, work, and immigration abroad for various types of visas.
TOEFL ITP components:
1- Listening Comprehension
2- Structure and writing Expression
3- Reading comprehension
|Skills to measure
Structure and Written Expression
|Score to pass
||Level 1= 320
Level 2= starts from 200
|Where to take
||By est at home/office
||At the authorized test centers
||Related to the level range from 1hr 10 min to 2 hr
A better understanding of TOEFL score.
Which exam is best for you (TOEFL IBT or Toefl ITP)?
- It all depends on your choice based on what you need the test for! And what you hope to use the test score for should be your major concern. The purpose of the TOEFL IBT is to assist in your admission to a college or institution, basically in the USA or European universities. It is eligible there to determine your proficiency in English, and to what extent you could fit in the academic community there.
- The TOEFL ITP is for students, who are currently enrolled in college or university or as an alternate language test for admission to a particular university, who want or need to be able to demonstrate improvement in their English-language ability.
- Additionally, you ought to consult your university before taking it. Some universities in the USA will give placements based on your ITP scores if you took them as a high school student. Consequently, you won’t need to take any more language exams for college or university admission if you do it.
Discover whether TOEFL exam cost a lot in the UAE or not.
What should you do to start Toefl IBT practice?
If you reach this part of the article then you are lucky though! You don’t have to go so far or waste your time searching for study materials, and expensive tutors, elmadrsah.com brings the TOEFL success keys to you. We are distinguished by covering all the students’ needs to pass TOEFL ibt practice:
- Through time savvy and organizing study plans.
- Intensive exercise training in the most predicted questions, and previous exam samples with the model answers.
- Native speakers tutors who shall help you to master the language, in barely any time!
- Vast course bundles starting from preparation to exam night revisions.
- Flexible schedule and daily follow up
- Tracking your language progression
- Zoom classes are safe and less time-consuming
And now after you know which examination, you should prepare for it. You must:
- Be cautious about picking a suitable date and register.
- Avoid picking dates that are too soon or too far away.
- Estimate the proper duration you need to review in it, your English language abilities, and those crucial exam skills.
- The key to your success is also becoming accustomed to the test structure. Learn what your target test score is as well; this will aid in maintaining focus.
You could also read more on our blog about: elmadrasa.com online Private lessons in UAE