After the pandemic a lot of people started to think about online learning, but a little bit confused between online learning vs offline learning, and what if it is the real future of the educational process around the world!
This perspective is based on the new vision of online learning. As a practical substitute for offline learning, online learning is no longer complementary or a luxury, a lot of international students get the benefit of it nowadays.
If you are thinking about taking the step, and still hesitate, in this article we will clarify to you the beneficial sides of both online learning vs offline learning.
Online learning vs offline learning
Online learning means a system of education based on teaching with the help of electronic resources so that skills and knowledge are transferred over the Internet. This system includes many different elements, including live or pre-recorded lecture content, videos, quizzes, games, simulations, activities, and interactive elements.
It is noteworthy that the computer and the Internet are the main components of online learning, and this educational system is divided into two main categories: synchronous and asynchronous.
Offline learning is defined as education that is taught in a real classroom, and the exchange of knowledge between teacher and students; all students are physically present in the classroom, where the basics of education—reading, writing, arithmetic, and geography—begin. This education system aims to master basic skills, the pursuit of facts, and basic knowledge.
||Online learning provides flexibility for the student who has a busy schedule and work commitments, as it allows them to enter the course at their convenience, instead of having to attend the lecture on time.
|| Offline learning is the best option for students who have a lot of freedom in their time and schedule. Yet students have some flexibility in their schedule, especially if the teaching is based on evening classes, or those who stick to a schedule of one meeting per week.
||Online learning is witnessing a decline in student discipline, so the student needs self-motivation greatly, as all classes require keeping pace with reading and completing the required assignments, and from this standpoint some students struggle to motivate themselves to study.
||Offline education has the advantage of being completely disciplined and self-motivated, and perhaps the main reason for this is the organised schedule of students coming to class, and the routine face-to-face interactions between teachers and students.
|Accessibility for classes
||Online learning helps easy access to the online class, as the student is not restricted to going or travelling to a specific place to receive information.
||Offline learning requires the student to go and travel to the place of study, so he makes an effort while travelling, and thus many students may resort to giving up studies altogether.
||Tutors depend on online quizzes and online searches to evaluate their students based on their performance on the classes
||Teachers depend on paper exams, and face-to-face questions, and also the whole course work based on homework, and other physical projects
In elmadrasah.com we gather the best of both online and offline learning; our teaching mix has the best evaluation and follow-up system! You will not feel you are not a real class! We put students’ upgrading and cleverness as a top priority.
Our mentors had the perks of long experience online teaching, combination of online learning vs offline learning, and being updated with the most modern teaching approaches !
We are not just an online courses platform, we believe in our role in the community, and towards the prosperity and progression of education for our students!
Advantages of online learning vs offline learning
- It has become the norm to eliminate the obstacles of travel and the difficulty of navigating for information, letting students freely choose when and where to receive information without being constrained by the classroom.
- Online learning helps students develop and acquire self-learning skills.
- Rejecting educational stereotypes and using modern audiovisual materials in learning.
- Compared to face-to-face education, it reduces the material cost of online learning.
- Not only relying on teachers as a source of information, but also getting information through multiple channels.
- Eradicate obstacles and difficulties that hinder learning.
- Distance education makes students more interactive and movable than face-to-face education.
- Online learning has more flexibility than strict in-person education.
- Unlike traditional methods, distance education gives teachers the opportunity to immediately assess the level of students.
Advantages of offline learning vs online learning
- Direct and concurrent contact between teachers and students creates a positive learning environment.
- Availability of discussion and vital conversation options between teachers and students.
- Face-to-face education provides learning opportunities for everyone, even in environments where there is no digital environment.
- Provide publications of books and teaching aids so that students have the opportunity to learn.
- Providing opportunities to experiment with scientific materials in real laboratories.
- Urban education serves all categories of society, despite the different backgrounds.
Disadvantages of face-to-face learning
- The role of the learner in the online learning process is negative, because he plays the role of the recipient.
- Don’t pay attention to the psychological aspect, the greater purpose is to fill the mind with knowledge.
- Ignore the activities that take place outside the classroom, which will create a generation that is conservative and not innovative.
- For face-to-face education compared to online learning, the evaluation process takes a long time.
- Success is the only criterion for learning, apart from gaining experience and skills.
At the end of this article, we made a comparison between online learning vs offline learning and mentioned the definitions of each and the advantages and disadvantages of both, hoping to clarify and highlight the most pivotal points.