Programming is the language of communication between humans and computers or mobile phones. It became mandatory to build a generation aware of coding as it became one of the most important parts sharing in all fields. It also has an excellent effect on our kids’ brains and personalities. It develops their analytical and critical thinking skills and teaches them how to solve problems systematically. It also teaches them patience and improves their maths levels. In the last few years, learning coding has become much more easier. You only need your computer or mobile phone and then start your endless interesting journey. In this article, we will help you to set foot and make your first steps to professionalism in programming.
Free online resources
Code.org is one of the most recommended free online resources.
- Its lessons are available in more than 67 languages and deployed in over 180 countries.
- All resources are still free since 2013 when the website was launched. It is decided to remain free forever.
- It is suitable for grades K-12 and above.
- If you are busy, they have designed one-hour tutorials designed for all ages.
- It depends on interactive teaching methods which use games and interesting materials to keep kids in touch with them.
- It is not restricted to a single programming language but, it uses different languages like CSS and HTML.
Scratch is a free online resource and it is intended to still free.
- Its lessons are available in more than 70 languages and deployed in over 200 countries.
- It depends on the visual interface which makes it possible for users to create their own projects of games, digital stories, apps and animation.
- It is suitable for kids of 8-16 years old and another version ScratchJr is designed for younger kids of 5-7 years old.
- It is suitable for students from any background.
- It allows users to create their own projects without using the internet.
Crunchzilla is represented by 3 terms which are Code Monster, Code Maven and Game Maven.
- It is divided into 3 levels starting from the preteens level and it reaches the hard level.
- Code Monster is for kids of 9-14 years old and it is the easiest level.
- Code Maven is a harder level designed for the age of 13 years old and up with more difficult problems, more depth, and more explanation.
- Game Maven is the hardest level designed for adults.
- It depends on an interactive education method as it starts to use a coding language instantly.
- Crunchizella does not need having an account or signing in so, it preserves your privacy.
Blockly is block-based programming lessons.
- It is a series of educational games that teach programming for children who have not had prior experience with computer programming. By the end of these games, players are ready to use conventional text-based languages.
- The games can be downloaded for offline use.
Stencyl is for those who prefer to program rather than using our block-snapping interface.
- It is suitable for kids from 6 years old.
- It has free and paid versions.
- It teaches coding by using coding games, so it is suitable for young kids.
Blockly is developed by Google Developers.
- It is suitable for all ages.
- It uses entertaining methods which make learning more interesting.
- You can communicate with other coders.
Code For Life is a non profit initiative that delivers free, open-source games that help all students learn computing.
- It is designed for users who do not have any prior experience in coding.
- It is used in more than 160 countries.
Cargo-Bot is an application designed for iPAD.
- It is suitable for 6 years old kids.
ALICE is a resource used by teachers of all levels of education.
- It is one of the most important resources for programming for kids-learn coding.
- It is Block-based.
- It is designed to teach logical and computational thinking skills, fundamental principles of programming.
- It is used to build 3D animation or games.
CodeSpark Academy gives you a 30-day free trial.
- It is suitable for kids from 4 years old.
Hopscotch helps kids learn to think, improve their creativity and develop problem-solving skills while having fun creating and playing games on iPad and iPhone.
- It is suitable for kids from 10 to 16 years old.
- It also has paid versions.
- It creates games, art, stories, and more with kid-friendly programming.
CodingGame helps you learn new concepts by solving fun challenges in 25+ languages addressing all the hot programming topics.
- You can choose your preferable coding language as it supports about 25 programming languages.
- It is suitable for teens and older ages.
SwiftPlaygrounds is sponsored and developed by Apple company.
- It is suitable for kids of 10 years old and older.
- It uses puzzles to kamagra ervaringen master the basics and then it steadily comes up.
- It uses story formats and it is easy to use.
- It is useful for all ages from kids to adults, but it is better to be a good reader.
LEGO is an interesting resource based on playing.
- Programming resources are free, but you will have to buy helping kits.
- It is very suitable for young children.
Kodu is a completely free 3D gaming resource which requires no product keys.
- It is easy to use and it depends on games.
- It is suitable for kids from 8 years old.
Brilliant helps you to master essential skills.
- It is suitable for kids from 10 years old.
- It focuses on training kids on problem solving.
Waterbear is a toolkit for making programming more accessible and fun.
- It uses visual languages which make it easier to learn.
- It is useful for kids and artists and anyone who does not want to deep dive in programming, but needs to do something different.
SmallBasic is the only programming language created specially to help students transition from block-based coding to text-based coding.
- It is helpful for kids from 7 years old.
- It starts from fundamentals and rises up with the level.
- It uses funny, simple and rich materials.
Kano is a place to make and play with technology.
- It is suitable for coders of any age.
- It uses simple codes and English language to make it easier to learn and use.
- Flexibility in choosing the most suitable dates.
- Completely online course via zoom.
- A qualified group of Arabic and foreigner experts in programming.
Here’s The comprehensive guide for parents in programming for kids.
Now, you have in your hands a lot of free resources that are capable of beginning with your kid from the first launching point to reaching professionalism. You only have to take the decision and start.