The Russian language is considered one of the oldest language roots in the world and plenty of other countries are still using it till the moment, by what is called Slavs.
The Slavs are the nations that are using the Slavic languages till the recent era as their first language, The Slavic languages are a group of Indo-European languages spoken primarily in Eastern Europe, as well as parts of Central Europe and the Balkans.
And is divided into three main branches:
- Western Slavic: was divided into:
- Polish, which is the main language in Poland and is spoken by more than 40 million people.
- Czech, which is the main language in the Czech Republic and is spoken by almost 10 million people.
- Slovak, which is the main language in Slovakia and is spoken by almost 5 million people.
- Eastern Slavic: that was divided into
- Russian, which is the most common Slavic language in the whole world, is the official language in Russia, and one of the six main languages of the United Nations.
- Ukrainian, the official language in Ukraine, is spoken by almost 40 million people.
- Belarusian, which is the official language in Belarus, is spoken by more than 2.15 million speakers and it resembles the Russian and Ukrainian languages.
- South Slavic: which was divided into
*Serbo-Croatian: which includes or links between the Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, and Montenegrin, and is spoken in Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and some other neighbouring regions.
The language is used by almost 30 million people, and most of them are mainly from Balkan.
- Slovene: which is the official language in Slovenia, and is spoken by almost 2 million people.
- Bulgarian: which is the official language in Bulgaria, and is used by almost 9 million people.
- Macedonian: this is the official language in north Macedonia, and is used by 2 million.
- Serbian: which is the official language in plenty of countries like Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and Croatia.
In this article, we will speak about how language is affected by cultural and historical aspects, so let’s mention some of them.
Learn about the Russian culture
In case you want to learn The Russian language, you must be familiar with its artistic side since you can’t understand a language or the text context if you don’t know about the culture of this language.
Russia is known for its unique forms of different arts and actually proved its potential in plenty of varied fields and even affected the language in the long run, so you can see that the old Eastern Russian is strongly different from the recent one.
So the Russian language basically started in the ninth century, and it is based on the Slavic language which originated at the same time as the beginning of the spread of Christianity.
This language was used to write the orthodox religious scripts using the Crylic letters and was considered the official language there, till now you can find some phrases and words that have a religious reference or are related to some rituals that you might not understand.
The religious aspect is one of the many aspects that affected the Russian language, but let’s take a look at some others:
Russian literature was characterised by describing philosophical thoughts, and societal issues of the recent world, besides exploring human nature.
the writers had great consumption not just in the literary side but also in the creation of the recent language like Pushkin who wrote plenty of works, like Eugene Onegin that is considered the greatest in Russian literature.
Russia’s art schools especially in dancing ballet and the theatre are considered one of the top, and plenty of the modern schools took their inspiration from it.
The music in Russia varies, but the most widely known is the classical music that is reflecting the traditional songs, dances, and music that are used in the national ceremonies.
The Russian people enjoy celebrating and having parties, to celebrate, sing, dance, and they were some traditional customs.
They also have a varied cuisine with plenty of delicious recipes, they also have the tradition of drinking tea in social gatherings, with some homemade pastries like the blini (Russian pancake), pierogi (stuffed pie) and kola shi (meat-stuffed pie).
Learn Russian languages quickly and easily
Plenty of people are encouraged to learn Russian and that could be for different reasons, most importantly:
- Most Russian people don’t speak English or probably not any other language, so you will find it not that easy to communicate with any other Russian without knowing the Russian language.
- Russia is one of the power centres in the whole world, economically and politically, even through the hard period it went through, it still maintains its position and stability, moreover, it is the number 1 source of gas in Europe.
- Living there is pretty cheap plus it has plenty of job opportunities in plenty of fields like banking and finance, technology, communications, marketing, tourism, hospitality, medicine, education, aviation, heavy industry, and manufacturing.
in addition to the oil, gas and mining industries, which are considered one of the most important sectors in Russia, not to forget engineering, agriculture and science.
Therefore, most of the obstacles that hinder those who want to search for job opportunities in Russia are related to learning the Russian language, especially those related to the field itself.
As we mentioned I think the right question is not how can I learn Russian Easily or quickly but it’s actually how can I make the process of learning Russian smooth.
Here are some tips to make your process of learning easier:
- start by learning the alphabet well and recognizing and mastering its sounds.
- Focus on the basics of the language, such as numbers, letters, and the tools used.
- Listen a lot and don’t have to worry about variety or accents at first.
- Try to memorize more words but in context, and also some phrases and sentences.
- Try repeating what you hear or mimicking what the speaker is saying even if you don’t understand anything.
- Put all four of your skills into practice; Reading, writing, speaking, listening and I make a training schedule for each of them.
- Choose the method that suits you, you can search for methods that suit you, it is important that the method is fun and not traditional or challenging.
- Try to deal with people who speak this language or have experience, whether they are native speakers or second-language speakers.
- Online Russian language courses have become widespread nowadays, so you can choose what suits you best
Russian language lessons
Decision-making is the hardest step at the beginning of everything, so since you made up your mind to learn the Russian language so you must strive to be committed, and understand that this would be only in the beginning, then it will get easier over time:
- Set realistic goals for yourself from the start based on your initial research on the Russian language so you don’t get discouraged.
- Do not start and neglect the sounds and letters of the alphabet, because they will serve as the basis on which you will build the entire language, so pay attention to them and work hard to master them.
- Diversify the resources and methods you use so you don’t get bored. Look for different ways and new learning resources to help you improve your language skills.
- Do not be afraid to experiment or to find yourself slow at first or that your level is not strong. It is natural that even if you have experience in dealing with this language, it is not a simple task.
- Practice periodically, or more precisely daily, in every aspect of the language and do not neglect any of them, especially the grammar rules that are so diverse in the Russian language.
- It is important to test yourself from time to time on the lessons that you have learned, so that you know if you have forgotten them, including analyzing your weaknesses and working on them.
- Finally, learn about the culture and history of the Russian language for a deeper understanding of the language and its context in it.
And in order to achieve your dream of mastering the Russian language and travelling to Russia whether to study or to find the suitable job, at elmadrasah.com we will help to do it through:
- Gain a broad understanding of the language, its context and culture to facilitate the learning of the Russian language.
- You will go through a placement test before starting the course.
- A flexible schedule and specific system are built for you based on this test.
- Using fun and unique ways to learn the language.
- Helping you master the Russian language whatever your career field.
- The presence of qualified trainers provides you with the best experience and monitors your progress continuously.
The Russian language is a very enjoyable language and has plenty of branches and unique perspectives you will definitely find your own method to learn the language and enjoy it, which will make you learn Russian quickly and easier.