To enroll in an international university – even in many UAE universities- or apply for a job abroad, you must first take an exam that assesses your English to complete the necessary procedures.
- It is the IELTS exam UAE which is a standardized English language test designed for foreign speakers who decide to work, study and live in an English-speaking environment.
Many people in the United Arab Emirates areinterested in it, and around 60 universities require the IELTS exam UAE. If you need practical training courses to get high scores in the exam, you can visit Elmadrasah.com.
Here’s the best experience with: Online private tutor.
What is the IELTS exam in the UAE?
- The IELTS exam is your entry ticket to many countries in the world to complete your university education.
- In addition, it is a requirement for admission to some UAE universities.
- It is worth noting that some jobs require the applicant to obtain an IELTS certificate as well.
Like other countries around the world, IELTS exam centers in the UAE offer two types of IELTS tests, each with a special function.
- There is the IELTS general training, concerned with applying for jobs and immigration.
- As for the IELTS academic, it is intended for applying to universities abroad. It is worth noting that, for those who plan to work or study in the UK,
- there is an IELTS exam for UK VI in the UAE, which does not differ from the well-known IELTS in terms of content, format, level of difficulty, and scoring for both. The purpose of the IELTS for UK VI is to show that you have taken the IELTS exam at a certified IELTS UK VI location approved by the UK Home Office.
You can now through our IELTS courses provided by ElMadrasah.com, in partnership with the British Council, reserve the IELTS test for the students of our IELTS courses, through the personal information of the applicants that they provided to the British Council.
IELTS exam sections in the UAE
The IELTS exam UAE consists of four parts: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. Each section has a fixed time determined by the exam coordinators, and the duration of the exam is approximately 3 hours. It is worth mentioning that the IELTS exam is paper-based, except for the speaking section.
- The IELTS exam UAE has the same format as the other IELTS tests around the world.
- For both academic and general training tests in the IELTS exam in the UAE, the listening and speaking components are the same while the reading and writing components are different.
- The first three parts of the IELTS exam in the UAE are all taken on one day and they are taken in order: listening, reading, writing, and then speaking.
- You may take the speaking test of the IELTS exam in the UAE on the same day or seven days before or after you do the other sections (depending on the country you are taking the test in).
- It’s important to be able to understand the different accents because during the listening test of the IELTS exam in the UAE you may hear a variety of different accents from a native speaker of English. This can include people from- the UK, US, Australia, or New Zealand. In responses to all parts of the IELTS exam in the UAE, all standard varieties of English are accepted. e., it is acceptable to use both British and American grammar, spelling, and vocabulary. However, it is better to use one accent and keep sticking to it.
- Listening section in the IELTS exam UAE take 30 minutes, plus you are given 10 minutes to your answers to an answer sheet at the end of the listening test.
- Both the Academic and General training tests in the IELTS exam in the UAE have four sections, so you have four recorded monologues and conversations with either one person or multiple people speaking.
- The IELTS Academic exam in UAE takes 60 minutes, and during this, you will read three long passages with tasks. In the IELTS exam UAE, you may find one of the texts ranging from discursive and analytical to descriptive and factual. Some of the reading material that is included is non-verbal material such as diagrams, graphs, and illustrations. The texts you read are authentic and have been taken from books, journals, and newspapers.
- As for IELTS General training exam in UAE, the reading test takes 60 minutes, and you will read three passages with tasks. Section one of the test contains two or three short factual texts, two short work-related factual texts in section two, and one longer text on a topic of general interest in section three. Texts are also authentic (e.g., taken from company handbooks, official documents, books, and newspapers).
- The IELTS Academic writing section in the exam takes 60 minutes and there are two tasks. During task one, you need to write at least 150 words where the candidate must summarize, describe or explain a table, graph, chart, or diagram.
- Task 2 is a short essay task of at least 250 words where you will often need to give your opinion on a certain topic. The IELTS General training writing section takes 60 minutes as well. And also, there are two tasks.
- Task one is a letter-writing task of at least 150 words while task two is a short essay task of at least 250 words.
- For both IELTS Academic and General Training in the IELTS exam UAE, the speaking test takes 11 to 14 minutes and consists of a face-to-face interview with an examiner. The test includes short questions, speaking at length about a familiar topic, and a structural discussion.
Understanding the format of the IELTS exam UAE and practicing all four skills involved in the IELTS exam in the UAE, help you make sure that you can achieve the band score you need. It is also a good idea to get one-on-one personal tuition before you take the IELTS exam UAE to make sure you are completing all of the tasks correctly.
At Elmadrasah.com, we will provide you with this guide and some tips that should be taken into consideration when taking the IELTS exam in the UAE to help you pass the exam and get the best IELTS score.
IELTS Exam Dates in UAE
Once you are confident you will be able to reach your required band score, you can decide to register for the test on either the British Council or IDP websites or the nearest test center in your region.
- There are 40 official test centers in UAE where you can register for IELTS tests. The fees of theIELTS exam in the UAE vary from date to date and according to the test type.
- Generally, in UAE there are two IELTS exam dates a month for the General Training IELTS exam whereas, the Academic IELTS exam is conducted in the fourth month.
- Also, candidates can choose any location out of the specified UAE test centers, likewise, there are listed dates from which Candidates can choose any date suitable for them to register.
- Every year, IELTS centers in UAE conduct 24 General Training tests and 48 Academic Tests. Concerning Computer-delivered IELTS Test, it is available 4 times a day for 7 days a week.
- The IELTS test centers in the UAE give you the freedom to choose how you want to take your test. You can opt for the computer-delivered IELTS test or the paper-based IELTS test and do it at the test center closest to you.
- You can register for and book your IELTS test online or by visiting the nearest branch in your city. To complete the test booking and registration process, you must attach a clear and legible scan of your passport or identity card and use your credit card to complete the payment process.
- The registration process may vary from region to region in UAE. Please contact the nearest test center to get the latest information on booking an IELTS test.
What about applying for: online private lessons with elmadrasah.com
To sum up, after you know everything about the IELTS exam in the UAE and how to register for it I recommend you to visit our website Elmadrasah.com. Elmadrasah will provide you with all preparation and practical training needed to pass the exam easily and deservedly get the highest scores.
Leave A Comment