We’re living in a new world where everything changes so quickly and radically, so you can see that there are plenty of changes that entered almost everything around us, starting from the professions to the best ways to raise our children.
The age we live in now requires us to cope with these changes even if they are different from how we were raised, and not all people can do that or accept doing it basically, which is where the problems begin.
But one of the best advantages of the age we live in is that we have access to most of everything we aren’t aware of, especially education, and as a result gave us the chance to know why and how to deal with certain behaviours.
The reasons for the aggressiveness of the child
For sure most of us encountered an aggressive child, or maybe we were, as it became more common now, so what are the reasons that may drive the child to be aggressive?
So, there are plenty of behavioral reasons why the child may become aggressive, especially at an early age, simply because the child can’t express themselves clearly in their first year, besides being sensitive and attentive over any action.
And let’s take a look at how the child can be aggressive and the reasons:
- Children in their early years find it hard to express themselves, or their basic needs, like thirst or hunger, so they usually tend to cry over it.
- When the child grows older, they begin to try to express their feelings or emotions, but most of the time they can’t find the right word or lack the phrases, which can cause stress on them.
- Due to the lack of expression children can find themselves easily suppressed or restrained and being aggressive is the only way to get this feeling out.
- Sometimes their family doesn’t encourage them or doesn’t let them play or deal with other children to communicate with them or be interactive enough, and that may cause the child to isolate themselves and be violent.
- At this early stage, the children usually are so receptive and sensitive over almost everything they’re watching like tv series or movies that are filled with aggressive actions.
- They aren’t just sensitive over the tv programs but also the people surrounding them in daily situations, like their friends and their family, which may take even not just their actions but also their mindset or beliefs.
- The children can easily be stressed out due to the lack of experience in dealing with real-life situations which may cause them to be emotional most of the time.
- Familial issues or lack of conversation or even an understanding gap can make both of them not able to communicate normally with each other.
- Mistreating the child also may be a reason for criticising the child, or blaming them for things out of their control like making them control their feelings more, or using violence with them or around them.
- In some cases, the aggressiveness that the children have may be due to some kind of mental growth disorders and must be checked out from an early age.
Read more about: Aggressive behavior in children with Down syndrome.
The relationship between the children and parents
The relationship between the parents and the children is the first relationship the children deal with, and they begin to build their image about themselves, others, and life from this relationship, that’s why it’s considered the basics for the children.
And that’s why we should be mindful of our children, especially in their early ages, and make sure that we are giving them a secure and stable relationship. The relationship between the parents and the children should teach the child how to respect others and be respectful, besides acceptance, and to give themselves the love they deserve unconditionally.
And one of the main causes that make the gaps in the relationship is, to not listen to each other, and keep ignoring their feelings and demanding the children to do more, which may lack their self-esteem and worthiness.
The relationship between the parents and the child should be positive, not toxic or a draining one, they should teach their children well, understand them, and use the methods that suit them without harming them or causing them any offence.
The children have to deal with this world like you, so make sure to give them the knowledge they need by the way that suits them and give them the psychological support and understanding so they can fulfil their own life.
Read more about: How to Help Children Overcoming Reading Difficulties
How the modern world affects the child
So, we’re living in a fast-paced world where everything is possible, and have access to almost everything, and this affected all aspects of our lives, and for sure affected our children too. The effects that it has can be negative and positive and our children are sensitive so we need to be mindful of all its side effects.
The advantages of this era we live in are:
- We have access to lots of information which allows us to know about everything.
- More educational resources to learn about how to raise them well.
- To find ways to entertain the children by using beneficial methods.
- Don’t need to go out to study or learn about anything.
But there are also plenty of disadvantages that are caused by these changes like
- The lack of real communication with others in real life, from the children and the parents in plenty of times.
- Facing new cultures and beliefs that are completely different and foreign to our society and culture.
- Being encountered with different effects like the tv shows and mobile that are available all the time and can make them isolated, or transfer some kind of violent actions to them, without guidance from their parents.
How to handle an aggressive child
So, as we got to know the reasons why children may be aggressivemand how the world around them affects their actions, let’s know about the behaviours that we should be aware of when dealing with an aggressive child.
- First of all, there must be a communication language between the children and their parents, so to build one.
- accept the child and respect their opinions and listen to them carefully without causing them any harm or ignorance.
- To stop criticising the child over and over, and asking them to do more, without appreciating them or feeling empathetic.
- Never make fun of them or bully them, and even if they had such an experience it is essential to try to help them move on in a positive way.
- It is also necessary for parents to study and learn how they can deal with an aggressive child so they don’t mistreat them.
And in this regard, we recommend that you take to attend the behavioural and educational consultancies at El-madrassa.com, which include:
- The best behavioural and educational consultants that have the ability to identify your child’s case and the best program that will help them.
- Guiding the parents to know about their children and how to deal with them, and the reasons for each behaviour.
- Identifying the best practices for every child separately, and how they can take the best use of them.
- Making the course more interactive and fun using modern techniques and methods that are suitable for the children and supporting their learning process.
- All the courses are from home so you can attend wherever you like whenever you like, and at a handy price.