About the Institution
Khalifa University of Science and Technology is an internationally top-ranked research-intensive university in Abu Dhabi, UAE. With three colleges, three research institutes, 20 research centers, and 36 departments the university covers a broad range of disciplines in science, engineering, technology, and medicine. Khalifa University is the only university in the UAE with specific research and academic programs that address the entire range of strategic, scientific, and industrial challenges of the 21st century.
Khalifa University’s world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students around the world. The university brings together the best in science, engineering, and medicine in the UAE, to offer specialized degrees that can take promising high school graduates all the way to top-rated doctorate degree holders
Email address: [email protected]
Main Campus Telephone
Full scholarships are provided to UAE National students
Is student housing available?
Yes. Student housing covers double occupancy for those who meet the criteria and reside more than 80km away from campus
Is student transportation available?
Yes, daily and weekend transportation is available. Also, transportation between campuses via shuttle buses is provided.
Institution type: Government
Nationality: Emirati and International
Disability services: N/A
Khalifa University has two purpose-built campuses in Abu Dhabi – the Main Campus, and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus.
Each campus has a range of facilities including libraries, food outlets and retailers, health services, prayer rooms, student lounges, sports facilities, labs, and classrooms.
Additionally, Khalifa University has 20 core research centers exploring a diverse range of energy, water, healthcare, and engineering and technology areas of direct relevance to the UAE’s strategic development and economic diversification
225+ laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment investigating subjects ranging from artificial intelligence and robotics to clean energy, hydrocarbons, and aerospace.
THREE field research projects for solar and building technologies development and bioenergy production.
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (optional concentration in Software Systems)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (with an optional concentration in Electronics, Communications, Power Systems, or Control & Instrumentation)
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (with an optional concentration in Artificial Intelligence & Cyber Security)
Note: All Engineering majors are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics (with an optional concentration in Financial Mathematics & Mathematical Biology)
- Bachelor of Science in Cell & Molecular Biology (NEW)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Earth & Planetary Sciences (NEW)
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Geosciences (with optional concentration in Geophysics)
UG Minors: Artificial Intelligence, General Business, Mechatronics, Nuclear Engineering, and Digital Media & Composition
These programs are sponsored by the Ministry of Education(MOE)
Benefits and Allowances
Monthly stipends are provided to eligible UAE National students based on their Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). This is subject to conditions stipulated in the General Scholarship Terms and Conditions.
Applicant should have graduated from high school no later than two years prior to the current year.
To be admitted, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
High School Certificate with a minimum average of 75% or its equivalent.
Minimum score of achievement in each of the following EmSAT subjects (Validity of EmSAT scores 18 months)
EmSAT English 1400, or, IELTS (Academic): 6.0 OR TOEFL iBT: 79
(Note: TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two calendar years only and should be taken from an approved testing center.)
(TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language | IELTS – International English Language Testing System)
EmSAT Math 1250,
EmSAT Physics 1000
EmSAT Arabic 700 (For non Arabic speakers, the EmSAT Arabic can be exempted.)
EmSAT Computer Science 1000(Java, C++, and Python)
One EmSAT elective: EmSAT Chemistry 1000, or, EmSAT Biology 1000.
Satisfactory entrance interview
Applicants will undergo a personal interview, which will be conducted by a member of the Admissions Committee at Khalifa University.